Call for papers
Scope of the
The primary focus of BIRD '08 is to provide researchers and users in the field of
bioinformatics a forum in which to interact about new research directions, developments, and
It encompasses the methods of solving biological, medical, or chemical problems by
computer science, machine learning, or information processing tools.
The conceptual level of the methods range from theoretical approaches through the
design of algorithms, models, and information processing systems through to the development
of software packages and web services.
The program committee seeks contributions, which topics include, but are not limited to:
- Algebraic Biology
- Databases & Data Integration
- Drug Design
- Ontologies & Textmining
- Evolution and Phylogenetics
- Gene and Splice Site Recognition
- Machine learning and data analysis
- Gene Expression/regulation & Microarrays
- MicroRNA and RNAi
- Molecular Diagnostics and Treatment Support
- Molecular Dynamics
- Pathways, Networks, Systems Biology
- Phylogenetics & Molecular Evolution
- Protein & RNA Structure and Function
- Sequence Analysis & Alignment
- SNPs and Haplotyping
- System Biology and Modelling
Paper Submission Details:
- Authors are invited to submit original research contributions or experience reports in English.
- The submitted manuscript should closely reflect the final paper as it will appear in the proceedings of BIRDí08.
- Papers should not exceed 15 pages in LNBI-format.
- Any submission that exceeds length limits or deviates from formatting requirements may be rejected without review.
All accepted conference papers will be published in "Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics" (LNBI) by Springer Verlag.
Formatting guidelines for LNCS/LNBI authors may be found here.
Submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of exposition.
Authors are requested to submit their contribution electronically before January 31, 2008.
Paper submission site will be online in December.
- Submission of Full Papers: January 31, 2008
- Notification of Acceptance: March 15, 2008
- Camera-ready Copies: April 15, 2008
For further inquiries, please contact:
BIRD Conference Organisation Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)