Call for posters
Scope of the
The primary focus of BIRD '08 is to provide researchers and users in the field of
bioinformatics a forum in which to interact about new research directions, developments, and
It encompasses the methods of solving biological, medical, or chemical problems by
computer science, machine learning, or information processing tools.
The conceptual level of the methods range from theoretical approaches through the
design of algorithms, models, and information processing systems through to the development
of software packages and web services.
The program committee seeks contributions, which topics include, but are not limited to:
- Algebraic Biology
- Databases & Data Integration
- Drug Design
- Ontologies & Textmining
- Evolution and Phylogenetics
- Gene and Splice Site Recognition
- Machine learning and data analysis
- Gene Expression/regulation & Microarrays
- MicroRNA and RNAi
- Molecular Diagnostics and Treatment Support
- Molecular Dynamics
- Pathways, Networks, Systems Biology
- Phylogenetics & Molecular Evolution
- Protein & RNA Structure and Function
- Sequence Analysis & Alignment
- SNPs and Haplotyping
- System Biology and Modelling
Poster Submission Details:
Posters should describe original, interesting, and solid scientific content that is relevant to bioinformatics and computational biology.
Authors are invited to submit condensed descriptions of ongoing work in English which will be displayed during the meeting.
Poster abstracts should be submitted by March 15, 2008, using the online poster submission form. They will be reviewed to
ensure that the content is appropriate. We will attempt to accept as many posters as possible, subject to space restrictions.
Please note the following:
- Abstracts should not exceed one A4 page.
- All abstracts must be submitted by March 15, 2008.
All questions related to the BIRD ‘08 poster session should be directed to the BIRD Conference Organisation Office (email@example.com)
Short papers (max. 4 pages) of all accepted posters will be published by the Austrian Computer Society (OCG).
The presenting author of each accepted poster must register for the conference prior to May 15, 2008, in
order for the poster to be included in the program. Presenting authors are expected to attend the poster session.
- Submission of Poster descriptions: March 15, 2008
- Notification of Acceptance: April 15, 2008
- Camera-ready Copies of short papers: May 15, 2008
For further inquiries, please contact:
BIRD Conference Organisation Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)